CONSUMER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
IN REPAIR CREDIT
Under the Consumer Assistance Program (CAP), income eligible
vehicle owners will receive up to $500 in emissions-related
repair services at a STAR ceritified smog repair shop.
We are a STAR Smog Repair Shop certified for CAP repairs.
Donwload Application Here
At the time of application, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- You must be the registered owner with title issued in your name.
- You must have a household income that is less than or equal to two
hundred twentyfive percent (225%) of the federal poverty level, as
published in the Federal Register by the United States Department
of Health and Human Services.
- You must not have previously received assistance for the same vehicle
- The vehicle must have failed its “biennial” (every other year) Smog Check
inspection (aborted, manual mode, and training mode tests do not qualify).
- The vehicle must not have a tampered emissions control system.
- The vehicle must be currently registered with the Department of
Motor Vehicles (DMV) with a valid, unexpired registration sticker,
All fees paid to the DMV and not have a registration that has been
expired more than 120 days.
- The vehicle registration must not have lapsed for more than 120 days
during the two consecutive years preceding the current registration
- The vehicle must not be going throug transfer of ownership,
initial registration, or reregistration in California.
- The vehicle must not be registered to a business, fleet,
or non-profit organization.